Thursday, March 8, 2007

Idiot-syncracies

RULES:"Each player of this game starts off with ten weird things or habits or little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!"

1. I have 'restless legs syndrome.' I make "kuyakoy" when I'm sitting or lying in bed. I tap my foot and sway my knees to an almost uncontrollable degree.

2. I like to draw lips. When I don't have a pen in hand, I trace lip-shapes on any available flat surface (i.e., walls, tables, books)

3. I'm a sucker for "cheap thrills": I feel extremely happy going on '(street)food trips' (boiled corn, ginanggang, fishball, buko juice, ice buko, ice candy, dirty ice cream, P6 Bbq, taho...mmm...), buying ukay-ukay and 2nd hand books.

4. I like taking long walks of the city at night. My friend and I once walked from Victoria Plaza to NCCC Mall. We have no fear of rapists, holdapers, and snatchers.

5. I'm an 'old soul': I love watching black-and-white movies, listening to songs from the 30s to the 60s, and looking at black-and-white pictures. Leaves me feeling nostalgic and misty-eyed.

6. I talk to myself a lot--when I'm facing the mirror, before I go to sleep, when I'm all alone. By 'talking to myself,' I mean I just talk as if there were another person listening to me. It's not as bad as it sounds; I find it therapeutic, actually.

7. When I watch TV, I repeatedly open and close the remote control's battery cover.


8. I have my own "jeepney etiquette":
  • I'm uncomfortable announcing "Para" or "Lugar lang," so I usually hold on to my coins until it's time to disembark (I need it to tap the jeep's handlebar.)
  • I prefer sitting on the left side of the jeepney--whenever possible, I sit nearest the jeepney entrance/exit.
  • I give an extra tip to old drivers and those who follow road rules. I hold out 1 peso for drivers who play loud music, pick-up/let off passengers in the middle of the road, and have "bugoy-bugoy" barkers.
  • I hate getting on crowded jeepneys. I can endure waiting on the road for 30 minutes just as long as I find a jeepney that'll have enough seating space for six persons.
9. I'm a frustrated astronomer. I like looking at picture books on the universe; also, I am fascinated by the night sky. I often dream about seeing galaxies and nebulae up close in the sky---huwaaaw...

10. Greeting people is a very big issue for me. I panic when I'm about to cross paths with former classmates, teachers, and not-so-close acquaintances; I'm always in a conondrum as to whether I should greet them or not. My feelings are easily wounded when I greet someone and get 'chap'-ed in return, that's why I'd rather not greet people at all.

Tags: no one.