Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holidays and Overtimes Always Get Me Down . . .

Bah. The few days before Christmas, and again my thoughts and moods begin to favor the gloomy and melancholy. How . . . characteristically me.

It's not an exaggeration to say that I don't have a life outside work. I love work so much that I never want to leave the office. I come to the office at eight and I leave at ten thirty, sometimes at eleven. Company policy forbids the bringing of electronic devices as cell phones and iPods into the work station. I keep myself occupied by having the Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" and Donna Summer's "She Works Hard for the Money" on constant playback in my head. How very apt.

Yesterday we had our team's Christmas party. It was a costume party; I went as Daria. I didn't even have to put much effort into staying in character. Lest we forget, I am ever awkward at social gatherings. In fact, I am awkward forever. This calls for another bah.

For the longest time, I've sworn never to let my system be tainted by a drop of caffeine. Unfortunately, circumstances no longer allow me to stay awake and functional without the help of a little cuppa. Out of pride, I still stay away from coffee and opt for tea instead.

And I know it's way past Thanksgiving; nonetheless, I would like to express my gratitude to Stresstabs, Myra 300 E, and my generic vitamin C tablets for giving me the energy to last the day--and night.

Have a good one, guys!