Sunday, April 12, 2009

Home

I am typing this sentence from the living room of our house in Davao City.

I should've concluded that statement with several exclamation points, but alas, it's my last night in the city. Tomorrow, Monday, I'll be taking an early morning flight back to Cebu and heading straight to the office for work. This calls for another sans-exclamation-point Yahoo and a fist pump mustered with the least bit of enthusiasm and celebratory spirit possible.

I know I have a rep for being sarcastic, but I'm not completely lying when I say I'm looking forward to going back to work. I have a deadline waiting for me at my PC---which was actually due before I left the office last Thursday---so when I say I'm looking forward to going back to work, I actually mean it. Just don't ask me if I'll be smiling when I'm doing it. 'Cause I definitely won't. In fact, I'll probably be spending tomorrow staring blankly at the monitor, kicking myself in the head for choosing to work approximately 405 kilometers (courtesy of http://www.theairdb.com/connection/CEB-DVO.html) away from home.

The old folks are in the living room, sitting in front of the cable TV and already sleepy. I don't think I've mentioned that I live with all my brothers and my sister in Cebu now. So yeah, it's sad, but my parents are currently living in an empty nest.

Goodness. How did my life get to be so hectic, important, and dramatic anyway? Ah, but I'll catch myself before I go full-digress. That'll be for another blog entry. Sorry to cut this short, but for now I think I'll spend my few remaining waking minutes in Davao with my two favorite people on earth, while we watch nothing on cable and silently enjoy each other's company.